On adding Kawa/Chibi R7RS test-suite to the r7rs-wip branch

From: Freja Nordsiek
Subject: On adding Kawa/Chibi R7RS test-suite to the r7rs-wip branch
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 13:14:13 +0200

On Mark Weaver's suggestion, I looked up the Kawa and Chibi R7RS-small test suites. Kawa uses Chibi's test-suite, though it is wrapped in a bit of extra code at the top. Kawa's license is not likely to be a problem, as it is a MIT license ( https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Software-License.html ). But, Chibi's license is a modified BSD license ( http://synthcode.com/license.txt ), which is compatible with the GPL ( https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ModifiedBSD ).

So, we could realistically take the Chibi test-suite (possibly with the Kawa modifications) and incorporate it into the r7rs-wip branch. The only question is whether to incorporate them as is or to modify them to use the same unit testing code as the rest of the unit tests in the guile test suite.

Freja Nordsiek