Re: Guile 2.2 on MSYS2 + MinGW

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Guile 2.2 on MSYS2 + MinGW
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:22:12 +0200

> From: Matthew Keeter <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 09:54:40 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Well, that was an obvious problem:  I had configured the build with
> --without-posix, which I guess is no longer
> supported.

I don't know if it's supported, but it definitely is not needed for
the MS-Windows build.

> ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
> In procedure primitive-load-path: Unable to find file
> "C:/msys64/home/mkeeter/guile/src/build-i686-w64-mingw32/libguile/C:/msys64/home/mkeeter/guile/src/build-i686-w64-mingw32/meta/guild"
> in load path
>
> Time to strap a bunch of instrumentation onto load.c and see where this is
> coming from…

Yes, I think you will find that some code there doesn't know about the
Windows C:/foo/bar form of absolute file names.  Although
is_absolute_file_name and is_file_name_separator are in load.c,
and AFAICT do TRT for MinGW...  So maybe the problem is in some .scm
file instead.  Search for literals slash '/' characters to find some
potential offenders.