Re: Unexpectedly low read/write performance of open-pipe

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Unexpectedly low read/write performance of open-pipe
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 20:07:17 -0400

Hi again,

Earlier, I wrote:
> I'm not sure off-hand what would be required to re-implement custom
> ports in suspendable Scheme code.

I finally dug into this code, and was delighted to find that Andy Wingo
has already laid the groundwork to avoid going through C code in our
custom port handlers, in commit 8bad621fec65d58768a38661278165ae259fabce
from April 2016:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/commit/?id=8bad621fec65d58768a38661278165ae259fabce

Given this, I think it will be fairly straightforward to modify our
custom ports to be suspendable.  Likewise, I see no difficulty in
implementing a suspendable version of 'get-bytevector-some'.

I'll work on it.

       Mark