Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs

From: Gregg Sangster
Subject: Re: Guile 3 and wip-elisp/Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 12:56:59 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

On Thursday, October 14, 2021 13:34 EDT, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
wrote:
> I also had he same experience.  Guile Emacs would segfault very
> quickly.  That’s why I started a rebase on top of the nearest
> Emacs release, which is 25.2.  I had to abandon the rebase,
> because after about 45 commits it became too difficult for me to
> understand what exactly I had to do to resolve all these
> conflicts.  There are about 112 commits left to apply.
>
> If you think you could benefit from the work I already did I could
> upload the full git repo as it is, mid-rebase and all.

If you'd like to upload it, I think it would be a great reference.

I've taken the strategy of rebasing forwards along the master branch a few
commits at a time.  So far I'm about a thousand commits ahead.  It's time
consuming but the conflicts to resolve are smaller.  There are just more of
them. :)

--
Gregg