Re: Resurrecting top-notch continuous integration for Guile

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Resurrecting top-notch continuous integration for Guile
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 10:34:40 -0800

Hi Ludo'

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 9:37 AM Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> I hereby ask fellow Guix hackers to voice any
> concerns they may have regarding this use of project resources.

I am not a Guix hacker (although maybe every user is one too) and, as
a newbie, I cannot speak for the group but the Guix project is built
on Guile and depends on Guile functioning properly. I cannot imagine
any opposition whatsoever.

The way I see it, Guixers are more likely to celebrate your proposal
as a welcome milestone in the continuous evolution of Guix and Nix.

> If there are no objections, I’ll merge this
> branch into “main”.

As it stands, Guix owes a profound debt of gratitude to Guile and its
developers. There is no reason to wait.

Thank you for your expert stewardship in designing the OS we all love so much!

Kind regards
Felix