Re: Add internal definitions to derived forms

From: lloda
Subject: Re: Add internal definitions to derived forms
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 12:17:20 +0100

Guile already allows mixed definitions and expressions in let bodies (since
2.9.4), which isn't in any of the Scheme reports. It's up to authors to avoid
or isolate Guile extensions if they want to remain rnrs compatible, and this
patch doesn't change that.

Being able to put definitions in the body of let but not in the bodies of these
other forms is an artificial restriction. Some forms still aren't fixed, like
match. I believe we should eventually fix those as well.

I think the root of the issue is (begin), but the patch goes in the right
direction.

Regards

  Daniel