Re: Functional datatypes in Guile

From: pukkamustard
Subject: Re: Functional datatypes in Guile
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 08:22:35 +0000

I've been using SRFI-146
(https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-146/srfi-146.html) for functional
mappings. There's a Guile port:
https://inqlab.net/git/guile-srfi-146.git/ (also in Guix -
guile-srfi-146).

It would be nice to also have a Guile port of SRFI-113 (Sets and bags -
https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-113/srfi-113.html) and SRFI-217 (Integer
Sets - https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-217/srfi-217.html). For the
integer sets, I believe there is some code already lurking deep down in
Guile ((language cps intset)).

These are all things that would be very nice to have distributed
directly with Guile and I'd offer my help in upstreaming ports to Guile.

I've previously used pfds (as mentioned by Maxime), but I've encountered
some nasty issues that are keeping me from using it again
(https://github.com/ijp/pfds/issues/5).

-pukkamustard