Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)

From: tomas
Subject: Re: GPT-4 knows Guile! :)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 08:03:31 +0100

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 06:25:55PM +0100, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> Can you write a Guile Scheme program which displays a bouncing ball?
>
> As an AI language model, I cannot create a full graphical program directly
> within this text-based environment. However, I can provide you with an
> example of a simple bouncing ball simulation using the Guile Scheme
> programming language and the SDL2 (Simple DirectMedia Layer) library, which
> is commonly used for creating graphical applications.
>
> To start, you'll need to have Guile and the Guile-SDL2 bindings installed.
> The following instructions are for a Debian-based system:
>
>    1. Install Guile:
>
> csharp
  ^^^^^^

> sudo apt-get install guile-2.2

[...]

Did it literally write "csharp"? With some fantasy, I guess it
is trying to evoke a root shell, but with some malice, I'd say
Microsoft is sleazily touting some product of theirs.

I'd apply Clarke's Razor:"A sufficiently advanced form of malice
is not distinguishable from stupidity"

;-)

Cheers