Re: how do you build this guile-gobject thing?

From: Matto Marjanovic
Subject: Re: how do you build this guile-gobject thing?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:16:34 -0500

 >> I'm trying to build/use v0.5.3 of guile-gobject.
 >>
 >> I've checked out the source tree from CVS, and I believe I've installed
 >>  all the dev packages needed to build it.  (I'm doing this on a Debian
 >>  unstable system.)  The only thing little niggle I can think of is a
 >>  message from ./configure:
 >>
 >>       *** Remember to update g-wrap as described in the README ***
 >>
 >That's a bit confusing: Are you using 0.5.3 or CVS? Both shouldn't
 >yield this message.

There don't seem to be any tarballs anywhere --- I looked, but even the
 "Download" page of the guile-gtk site states:

     "For the time being, release tarballs are not available.
      Please use the development snapshots from CVS."

 So, I checked out RELEASE_0_5_3 from CVS.  (The "Files" section of
 the project page on Savannah is non-existent.)

 >>  The README doesn't mention g-wrap at all.  The mailing lists show
 >>  evidence of some development activity in an Arch archive somewhere,
 >>  but I don't know how to access it or whether that is relevant.
 >>
 >See http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-gtk-general/2004-01/msg00036.html.

Awesome (and it looks like I am all set on the g-wrap side - v1.3.4).
(Wow... what a coincidence --- I wonder if Greg Troxel's email was even
 in the archive yet when I went looking through it yesterday.)

 >> Any clues, suggestions?
 >>
 >Yes, compile with -O0. This is a known problem and already fixed my
 >modified version of g-wrap; my changes will go upstream RSN.

"Compile guile-gobject with -O0, due to bug in g-wrap" - right?
 I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!
-matt m.