Re: ViewArch support for my archives

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: ViewArch support for my archives
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 15:22:25 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 00:59, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
>> [ Wingo: I'll not create a new guile-gtk in 2004-main until we have
>> sorted the central repository issues out ]
>
> Hm, ok. We need a place to put that thing. I will inquire with gnu, but
> I don't think that's going to work due to security paranoia. It's
> totally code magenta over there![*]
>
> But I think it would be nice to have it on www.gnome.org. It's
> permanent, I'm a foundation member (fwiw), we could probably set up
> tla-pqm there (a requirement, in case that's not clear), other projects
> can probably do the same in the future.
>
> That might take a couple weeks, more or less. In the meantime, would it
> make sense to already set up the archive, and just make it ready to
> move? Andy, I'd trust you with making that task more than I'd trust
> myself, so if it's possible could you do that?

Yes, I'll start this weekend.

> It would be nice to start
> with the RELEASE_0_5_x CVS tags, where x is 0 to 3, then CVS HEAD.
>
> Sound like a plan?

Sounds good. So I'll start with RELEASE_0_5_0, then make each upgrade
to the next RELEASE_0_5_x a changeset and a further changeset to
current HEAD. I'm not yet totally clear with how to map the current
all-in-one structure to the modular setup, but I hope I can come up
with a decent solution.

Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux