Re: Two guile-gnome questions ...

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Two guile-gnome questions ...
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:28:15 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,

Hi, and thanks for your response.

> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:34 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
>>
>> (make <gtk-label> [#:label <string>] ...)
>> (gtk-label-new <string>)
>
> The -new functions are almost all equivalent to the C functions. I don't
> recall any overrides there, although there might be a few.

Good point.  I think I asked my question a bit wrong.  I've noticed
some cases where the -new function works, but the expected (make class
...) equivalent does not (such as <gtk-table>).  So I guess I'm
looking for either an understanding of such exceptions, or a list of
them.

> The (make <....>) idiom is more like g_object_new, so the arguments you
> can pass in are the object properties. There are functions in (gnome
> gobject) to list the properties,

That sounds good; I'll take a look.  (I tried using 'describe' and
'class-slots', but they didn't work, IIRC.)  Is there also a function
to list the available classes?

>> 2. Is there a note or explanation somewhere about all the Gtk+ widgets
>>    which are apparently not implemented, and why that is?
>
> Nope.
>
> Yes, many things are missing :-/

Fair enough, of course; but are they missing because hard problems
need solving, or is it just a matter of developer time and code?

Regards,
    Neil