Re: gtk-widget-ref undefined in guile-gnome0-gtk 2.7.99-4

From: Stanislas Pinte
Subject: Re: gtk-widget-ref undefined in guile-gnome0-gtk 2.7.99-4
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:04:43 +0100

Actually, I just answered my question:

In the debian guile-gnome0-platform package, there is a

usr/share/guile-gnome-0/gnome/overrides/gtk.defs file,

that does this:

(ignore-glob  "*_get_type"
              "_*"
              "*_ref"
              "*_unref"...)

--> which, I guess, prevents any mapping to be generated for the
gtk_widget_ref function.

My problem is that I am dynamically creating vboxes using (glade-xml-new
...). These vboxes are not the top-level container, they have a parent,
which is why I must call (unparent ...).

And i think this causes the unexplained crash we have been experiencing
since one month:
as we call (unparent...) the GTK ref counter drops to 0 --> maybe the
GTK cleaner kicks in, and causes our G_IS_OBJECT(...) assertion failed
crash

That's why, while reading other C sources using notebook pages and
component instantiated by glade-xml-new, I saw other people doing an
gtk_widget_ref before the unparent.

Any idea about a way out?

Kind regards,

Stan.