guile-reader-devel

[guile-reader-devel] Build problems

From: Vladimir Zhbanov
Subject: [guile-reader-devel] Build problems
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:02:20 +0300

Hi.

Just tried to install guile-reader. It told me it could not find
the file 'build-aux/config.rpath' during 'autoconf' or 'autoreconf
-i'. I figured out this is some gettext's stuff and disabled
autopoint invocation using 'AUTOPOINT=/bin/true autoreconf -i',
but this only moved the issue to the next level, other errors
occured on the './configure' step. I solved the issue by adding
the following line in configure.ac:

AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION([0.16])

I believe the version number just has to be less than the
installed gettext version number.

I don't know if the subject has been discussed here, so JFTR.
I hope it would be of help for somebody.

  Vladimir