guile-sources

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:55:16 -0400

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

Monday, June 25, 2001 Issue 10   VOLUME 1 ISSUE 10
WELCOME
Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals. This free bi-weekly newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at www.fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of 3,000+ sites related to international trade.

To see past issues, click on "Archive" on the bottom of this page or go to FITA's Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals at www.fita.org/useful.html.

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

My name is John McDonnell, and for years I wrote a weekly e- newsletter that profiled business-oriented Web sites. Now I'm using my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for international trade, as well as some fun sites that you'll enjoy visiting.

SAMPLE BUSINESS PLANS
http://www.bplans.com

You can't go into business these days without first doing a business plan. Investors, bankers - just about everyone who gets involved with your new business is going to want to see the numbers, so you if you're starting a business and you don't have a plan, you'd better visit Sample Business Plans at www.bplans.com. This site has more than five dozen sample plans for all types of businesses (including import- export ones), and you can view them for free. There are also plans for marketing your business, starting a Web-based business, starting a non-profit, and more. And if you have questions about starting a business, there's an Ask the Experts page where you can get them answered.

SALARY EXPERT
http://www.salaryexpert.com

Ever come away from a salary negotiation feeling that you settled for less money than you could have gotten? I have, many times. In fact, if I had half the money I negotiated myself out of early in my career, I'd be rich today. I wish I could have used SalaryExpert.com at www.salaryexpert.com back then. This site allows you to search for salary data for hundreds of jobs in the U.S. and internationally. You get a chart with salary information plus cost-of-living data ("buying power") for the region you selected. It's a must-visit site before any salary negotiations.

AUTOSUBMIT YOUR TRADE LEADS
http://fita.gbot.net

There are hundreds of trade lead bulletin boards on the Net where businesses worldwide can make contacts to buy or sell their wares. Now, there's a site where you can access those bulletin boards in one easy step. Global Board of Trade at fita.gbot.net has an "Autosubmitter" feature that submits leads to buy and sell to over 400 bulletin boards. The Autosubmitter is a shareware program, which means you download it (your computer must be running Windows to use it) and install it, and if you're happy with it you can then pay the price ($30 per month). The Global Board of Trade site has many other features that are useful for international businesses.

QUICK GUIDE TO LETTERS OF CREDIT
http://www.mantissa.co.uk/LCSite/QG_FR.H...

Letters of credit are an essential tool for international trade. You can find a good overview of them at Quick Guide to Letters of Credit at www.mantissa.co.uk/LCSite/QG_FR.HTM. This easy- to-read site will give you some basic information and tips on how to use letters of credit. There's a CD-Rom for sale with more information, but there's no obligation to buy it.

Archive

Issue 9
June 11, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 9
Issue 8
May 28, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 8
Issue 7
May 14, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 7
Issue 6
April 30, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 6
Issue 5
April 16, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 5
Issue 4
April 02, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 4
Issue 3
March 19, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 3
Issue 2
March 05, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 2
Issue 1
February 19, 2001
Vol. 1 Issue 1
   Click on a past issue number to see its content

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2001 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights reserved.
Are there topics you'd like to see covered in FITA'S Really Useful Sites? Send suggestions, ideas, or comments to editor John McDonnell at address@hidden =================================================================
This newsletter is distributed by the Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA) for the benefit of the worldwide international trade community. If you have a question regarding this service, please contact FITA by email at address@hidden.

Subscriptions

Enter your email address to subscribe or remove your address from this newsletter.

 Add  Remove
 Send as HTML