guile-sources

Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals

From: Federation of International Trade Associations
Subject: Really Useful Sites For International Trade Professionals
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 12:27:18 -0500

To view this newsletter in full-color, click here:
http://www.imakenews.com/fita/index000011939.cfm

REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
February 4, 2002
Issue 26
VOLUME 2 Issue 3

IN THIS ISSUE
1. WELCOME
2. BUSINESS ETIQUETTE
3. OUR FEATURED REGIONAL SITE -- AFRICA
4. A HANDY REFERENCE SITE
5. FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE
6. RECIPES ARCHIVE

WELCOME

Here's your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. This free bi-weekly
newsletter reviews useful Web sites from the Web Resources
database at FITA's International Trade/ Import-Export Portal at
http://www.fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news,
events, and a link library of 4,000+ sites
related to international trade.

 If you wish to unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page to
the Subscriptions section or simply click here [
http://www.imakenews.com/fita/index.cfm#subscribe ], enter your
email address and click on "remove."

 Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

 My name is John McDonnell, and for years I wrote a weekly e-
newsletter that profiled business-oriented Web sites. Now I'm
using my Web research skills to find sites that are useful for
international trade, as well as some fun sites that you'll enjoy
visiting.

BUSINESS ETIQUETTE

Although it sometimes seems like the business world is getting
standardized, and people are all starting to dress and act the
same, don't be fooled -- we're still a very diverse planet, and
local customs have deep roots. That's why you need a site like
ExecutivePlanet.com's Business Etiquette and Culture page at
www.executiveplanet.com/community/default.asp. This page has
detailed instructions on how to conduct yourself in business
settings in dozens of countries. You'll find everything from how
to dress for a meeting in Italy (formal is best) to body
language in Brazil (stand close to the other person and maintain
eye contact) to scores of other topics. There's also a message
board, and a new section with tips for women. This site will
help you avoid gaffes that could undermine your business
relationships.

OUR FEATURED REGIONAL SITE -- AFRICA

 Africa has a rich potential for business, and if you're
interested in researching specific African countries, go to Lex
Africa Business Guides at www.mbendi.co.za/werksmns/lexaf/index.htm#Members.
You simply scroll down the page to the list of countries and click on the
one you're interested in. You'll find detailed information about
the business climate, laws, political situation, and other
parameters of each country. For even more data, click on "Other
Info". These guides are a valuable resource for anyone looking
to do business in Africa.

 There are lots more links to Africa at the FITA site. Go to
www.fita.org/webindex, click on Regional Resources and
Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column or "Search
by Country or Region" in the right column, and then "Africa"
in the pop-up window. Or simply type "Africa" in the search box
at www.fita.org.

Are your prospects part of the international trade community? If
so, here's an opportunity to showcase your service or product to
50,000 subscribers of Really Useful Sites for the International
Trade Professional. FITA now offers limited sponsorship
opportunities to selected organizations. For information, please
contact Barney Lehrer, Director of eCommerce Development at
address@hidden or 1-800-969-FITA extension 4.

A HANDY REFERENCE SITE

We have encyclopedias and dictionaries in our house, but my kids
hardly ever open them. When they need to research something for
their homework, they go online. Now I've found a site where all
the resources they need are in one place. The reference page at
KnowPlay? at www.kplay.cc/reference.html has search boxes that
link to dictionaries, thesaurii, encyclopedias, quotation databases,
atlases, and much more. You just type in your search word and
away you go. And there are other options -- at the top of the
page, you can click on Finance Search to look up stock quotes,
company information, and SEC filings. Or, you could click on
People Search to look up names, addresses, phone numbers, and
e-mail addresses. There are lots more options, too -- it's a
simple and effective way to search the Web.

FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE

FITA and Worldbid.com have launched a new International Buy/Sell
exchange. The FITA Buy/Sell Exchange at fita.worldbid.com is
FITA's new business-to-business marketplace that helps your
company find more business by delivering tender opportunities,
RFQ's and qualified offers to buy and sell. You will have access
to a global network of affiliated trade sites that work together
to bring together businesses across borders. Take a look!

RECIPES ARCHIVE

Here's a fun site for you cooks out there. The Recipes Archive
at www.chef2chef.com has a database of 280,000 free recipes,
and there are multiple ways to search it. You can search by
keyword, topic (Meats, Sweets, Vegetables, etc.), cooking time,
country (just click on one of the flags at the top of the screen),
or you can click on "Top 50 Recipes" in the drop-down box in the
right corner. This site also has a big list of links to other
English  language food sites, and you can even find recipes in
non-English languages.

For archived issues of Really Useful Sites for the International
Trade Professional, click here [
http://www.imakenews.com/eletra/mod_archive_view.cfm?u=fita ].

 For a free list of links to useful sites in a wide variety of
categories (both business and personal), visit my Web site, at
www.reallyusefulsites.org.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
(mailto:address@hidden)
Copyright 2002 The Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

Are there topics you'd like to see covered in FITA'S Really
Useful Sites? Send suggestions, ideas, or comments to editor John
McDonnell at address@hidden

This newsletter is distributed by the Federation of
International Trade Associations (FITA) for the benefit of the
worldwide international trade community. If you have a question
regarding this service, please contact FITA by email at address@hidden