guile-sources

Useful Sites # 63 about Ireland, Emergencies, Country Information and W

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 63 about Ireland, Emergencies, Country Information and Weather
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:45:34 -0400 (EDT)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 63 Volume 3
Number 15
July 16, 2003
Issue 63
VOLUME 3 Number 15

 IN THIS ISSUE
OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- IRELAND
DEALING WITH EMERGENCIES
DYNAMIC DOCUMENT CREATION
UM WEATHER

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. In this issue I have a site that will open
the door to trade with Ireland. In addition, I found a site that could be a
life saver if you have a medical emergency while traveling. From Canada, I
found a site that lets you create market research reports, in seconds. Finally,
I have a site with links to the most complete weather information on the Web.
All in all, I think you'll find the sites in this issue are worth bookmarking.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org )
at fita.org, an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link
library of 5,000 sites related to international trade.

OUR FEATURED COUNTRY SITE -- IRELAND
http://www.finfacts.ie/

I'm one of 70 million people worldwide who claim Irish descent, and most of our
ancestors left Ireland due to the poor economy the country had for over a
century. That situation has changed in the last ten years, however, as
Ireland's economy has gone through a boom time. The CIA World Factbook says the
Irish economy had a robust 8 percent growth from 1995-2002, and Ireland was
ranked first out of 70 "emerging economies" in 2001 by the World Times Money
Matters Institute. There are many opportunities for international trade in
Ireland these days, and if you want to learn about them, go to Finfacts: Irish
Finance and Business Portal <http://www.finfacts.ie/> ( http://www.finfacts.ie/
). Finfacts has links to Irish stock exchanges, business news, cost of living
information, salary surveys, travel information -- even the Irish Lotto
results! It's a great site to start your Irish trade research.

There are more useful links to Ireland at the FITA site. Go to
http://fita.org/webindex/ <http://fita.org/webindex/index.html>, click on
Regional Resources and Multi-Lateral Trading Areas in the left column, then
scroll down to Europe and click on Ireland in the drop- down box. Or simply
type "Ireland" in the search box at http://www.fita.org <http://fita.org>. And
FITA's Global Trade Bookstore has a selection of books that are helpful in
doing business with Europe. Click here
<http://fita.org/marketplace/eurobooks.php> for an extensive list.

DEALING WITH EMERGENCIES
http://www.healthcareland.com/sos/dealing_with_emergencies.htm

When my wife was 21 she severely damaged ligaments in her foot in a skiing
accident in Switzerland. She was a student, and far away from home, so she said
no when the Swiss doctors recommended surgery. She now regrets the decision,
because the Swiss were renowned for that type of surgery, and it would have
spared her much pain and soreness over the years. It can be difficult when you
have a medical emergency in another country, but here's a Web site that will
help you. Dealing With Emergencies @ HealthCareCity.net
<http://www.healthcareland.com/sos/dealing_with_emergencies.htm> (
http://www.healthcareland.com/sos/dealing_with_emergencies.htm ) has valuable
information, starting with tips on what to do before you travel, and what to do
when an emergency happens. You'll also find a list of contact information
(phone and e-mail) for ambulances worldwide, emergency telephone numbers,
embassies around the world, life-saving tips (First Aid, CPR, burns, choking,
dental emergencies, etc.), contact information for medical assistance providers
-- even weather forecasts.

MEDJET ASSISTANCE: PEACE OF MIND WHEN TRAVELERS NEED IT MOST
http://www.fita.org/travel/medjetdescript.htm
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107510>

A medical doctor from West Virginia was on vacation with his wife in Rome
recently when they had an extreme medical emergency. As MEDJET Assistance
members, they made a collect call to the 24 hour hotline and received quick
assistance.

They wrote, "My wife and I wish to express our deep appreciation for your rapid
and professional response to our medical emergency in Rome. We were amazed at
how you took care of the most minute detail and made it possible for us to
return to medical care in the States as quickly as possible. When we tell
people about our experience and how expertly you handled our return to the
United States they cannot believe that this could be done so expertly and
efficiently."
MEDJET Assistance is an annual membership program for U.S-based travelers
providing air medical transportation to its members should they become
hospitalized due to accident or illness virtually anywhere in the world. The
program transports members, free of charge, to the hospital of their choice,
most often in medically equipped and staffed jets. Click on
www.fita.org/travel/medjetdescript.htm
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107510> to become a MEDJET
Assistance member now at reduced FITA rates.
MEDJET Assistance publishes a free brochure, "A Guide To Traveling Smart".
Contact MEDJET Assistance directly at (800) 963-3538 to order it. Make sure to
mention FITA to get the FITA discount if you enroll.

DYNAMIC DOCUMENT CREATION
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/sc_mrkti/ibin/compare.html

Here's a cool way to look up useful information about countries worldwide. Go
to Dynamic Document Creation
<http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/sc_mrkti/ibin/compare.html> (
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/sc_mrkti/ibin/compare.html ), a page at Strategis, a
Canadian government trade site, where you can select one of four different
information sources (the CIA World Factbook, International Business Practices
Documents, Market Research Reports, or Country Commercial Guides), then select
countries and categories (economy, geography, etc.), and it will create a
document for you with all the relevant information.

UM WEATHER
http://cirrus.sprl.umich.edu/wxnet/

My kids call me a weather geek, because I'm always checking the forecast, and
throwing around terms like "high pressure system", "heat index", and "wind
chill". Whether you're a geek like me, or you just like to know the day's
forecast, there are lots of weather resources on the Web. One of the best is
the University of Michigan's UM Weather
<http://cirrus.sprl.umich.edu/wxnet/%20> ( http://cirrus.sprl.umich.edu/wxnet
). This is a portal to every type of weather information on the Web, including
satellite images, forecasts, advisories, ski reports, tropical storm updates,
live weather cams, weather maps, computer model forecasts, and much more. Start
your weather searches here!

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107508>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107508>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107509>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2003 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz107496>

TELL A FRIEND -- http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=8112

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240