guile-sources

Guileconf 0.1 available

From: Jeff Read
Subject: Guileconf 0.1 available
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:32:00 -0500

Hi all,

(Is this offtopic for guile-devel? Please let me know.)

I have packaged and made available for download Guileconf 0.1, the initial
release of a Guile-based autoconfigurator tool. The aim here is to be an
alternative to Autoconf, and not a drop-in replacement. Guileconf generates
configurator shell scripts like Autoconf; however, its design inherently lacks
two important Autoconf features: bloat and complexity. This makes it suited for
smaller packages where Autoconf and friends sometimes seem to hinder more than
help.

I dream of one day seeing Guileconf used for Guile itself (thus helping to
ameliorate the autotool hassles I once encountered when attempting to build
Guile from CVS). But that day is far off if ever and besides, in an ideal
world, Guile would bootstrap its own build process the way SCM does today.

Savannah project page is here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/guileconf/

Sorry, no web site yet. Feel free to send improvements, patches, etc. my way.
If you're brave, you might want to use it in a project of your own and give it
some real world burn-in.
--
Jeffrey T. Read
"I fight not for me but the blind babe Justice!" --Galford