guile-sources

Useful Sites # 78 about Poland, Latin America, Internet References and A

From: FITA's Really Useful Sites
Subject: Useful Sites # 78 about Poland, Latin America, Internet References and ATA Carnet
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:21:35 -0500 (EST)

To view this newsletter in full-color:
http://www.fita.org/useful/useful.html

Really Useful Sites for International Trade Professionals Issue 78 Volume 4
Number 4
February 18, 2004
Issue 78
VOLUME 4 Number 4

 IN THIS ISSUE
POLAND -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY
LATINFOCUS
INTERNET REFERENCE SOURCES
ATA CARNET FAQ

This newsletter conforms to the requirements of the 'CAN-SPAM Act of 2003' and
was sent to you by the Federation of International Trade Associations, 11800
Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 210, Reston, VA 20191, USA.
If you do not wish to receive ongoing communications via e-mail from FITA,
please click here <mailto:address@hidden>.

Hello, John McDonnell here, with your latest issue of Really Useful Sites for
International Trade Professionals. Poland has had one of the fastest growing
economies in the world during the last ten years, and in this issue I have a
site that will help you take advantage of this incredible growth. Also, if you
want to know what's going on in Latin America, I've got a site that will get
you up to speed. Do you need to find an answer fast? The Web has lots of
reference sites where you can get answers, and I have a site that will show you
where to find them. Finally, every trader needs to know how to use Carnets, and
I've got a site that will show you how to use them like an expert in no time.
If you'd like more information about international trade, go to FITA's
International Trade/ Import-Export Portal <http://fita.org> ( http://fita.org
), an excellent source for trade leads, news, events, and a link library of
7,000 sites related to international trade.

POLAND -- OUR FEATURED COUNTRY
http://www.buyusa.gov/poland/en/

Like other countries in Central Europe, Poland has gone through enormous
changes in the last 20 years. The transition from a communist, state-run system
to a free market was jarring at first, but these days Poland has a robust
economy with an impressive growth rate. Example: it was second in the world
from 1993-2002 for annual growth rate in imports. With 40 million consumers,
Poland is the largest market in Central Europe, and it's poised to join the
European Union this Spring, which bodes well for anyone looking for new
markets. Here's a site that will help you learn more about trade with Poland.
The U.S. Commercial Service Doing Business in Poland
<http://www.buyusa.gov/poland/en/> ( http://www.buyusa.gov/poland/en/ ) page
has everything you need to get started doing business in Poland. It's written
for American firms, but no matter what country you're from, you'll find plenty
of useful information here. There's a list of the 10 best prospects for
exporting to the Polish market, quick facts about the Polish economy, and a
Country Commercial Guide that gives detailed information on how to break into
the Polish market (just click on "Market Research on Poland" and then "Country
Commercial Guide").

LATINFOCUS
http://www.latin-focus.com

If you have business interests in Latin America, you should bookmark LatinFocus
<http://www.latin-focus.com/> ( http://www.latin-focus.com/ ). This site calls
itself "the leading source for Latin America economies", and it's probably
right. LatinFocus has the latest news and commentary coming out of the region,
categorized by country and presented both in English and Spanish. There are
also daily listings of exchange rates, economic indicators, and a calendar of
financial events. The site publishes a monthly forecast that includes experts
providing economic briefings, market analysis, and political risk assessments.
There are also many useful links if you click on "Web Directory".

THE FITA BUY/SELL EXCHANGE
http://fita.worldbid.com <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267744>

FITA's business-to-business marketplace
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267744> at http://fita.worldbid.com
helps your company find more business by delivering tender opportunities, RFQ's
and qualified offers to buy and sell. The FITA Buy/Sell Exchange
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267744> give you access to a global
network of affiliated trade sites that work together to bring together
businesses across borders.

According to Tom Huynh of AAA Wholesale Distributor, "...Worldbid.com [FITA's
partner powering the Buy Sell Exchange] has given us an opportunity to conduct
our [giftware] business worldwide."

Click here <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267744> to boost your
trading with the FITA Buy/Sell Exchange, powered by Worldbid.com.

INTERNET REFERENCE SOURCES
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/reference/

You'd think someone who writes about Web sites like I do would know exactly
where to go when I need to search for a phone number, or a map, or a dictionary
definition. I blush to admit it, but I don't always bookmark the sites I find,
so I flounder around when I'm looking for information, just like a beginner.
Well, I'm going to bookmark this next site, because Internet Reference Sources
<http://www.lib.virginia.edu/reference/> (
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/reference ) is a one-stop source for any reference
question you may have. It has links to phone and address finders, almanacs,
maps, dictionaries, medical information, stock quotes, recipe collections,
weather reports, and hundreds of other indispensable sites.

ATA CARNET FAQ
http://atacarnet.com/faq.htm

Although FAQ (frequently asked questions) pages didn't exist before the
Internet, I wonder how we got along without them. FAQs take the most
complicated subjects and reduce them to their basics, and they're great
learning tools. Anyone who does international trade can benefit from visiting
the ATA Carnet FAQ <http://atacarnet.com/faq.htm> (
http://atacarnet.com/faq.htm ), because it gives you all the information you
need to make use of Carnets, which are useful documents for reducing the
paperwork and expenses involved in importing and exporting.

We welcome our subscribers to publish this whole issue or articles from it. But
please note that all material is copyrighted by FITA and must be copied with
the following attribution:
"This is copied from the newsletter Really Useful Sites for International Trade
Professionals <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267742>, a free,
bi-weekly email publication of FITA - The Federation of International Trade
Associations. Please feel free to subscribe to this newsletter at
http://fita.org/useful <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267742>."

If you'd like to see all back issues of Really Useful Sites for International
Trade Professionals, the full list is at http://www.fita.org/useful/archives
<http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267743>.

SEARCH BACK ISSUES OF REALLY USEFUL SITES FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONALS
Use the search box below to search terms in all issues of this newsletter since
February 2001

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on to others.

Published by Federation of International Trade Associations
Copyright © 2004 Federation of International Trade Associations. All rights
reserved.

 <http://fita.m.xtenit.com/ct.jsp?uz327937Biz267732>

TELL A FRIEND --
http://fita.m.xtenit.com/friend.jsp?uid=327937&appid=240&j=13532

--------
Modify your preferences or unsubscribe here:

http://fita.m.xtenit.com/al.jsp?vk=fnk4tuVQ&address@hidden&an=240