guile-sources

Re: timezone offsets

From: Aaron VanDevender
Subject: Re: timezone offsets
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:19:41 -0500

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 11:25 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Aaron VanDevender <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > Can't we just consider this a "bug" in the manual and change it to?
>
> mktime and localtime have been following the manual, versus strftime
> %z not following it, I think the latter has to be considered the bug.

On the other hand, these functions, mktime, localtime, and strftime,
were included into guile for the purpose of mimicking the POSIX
functions of the same names. And the POSIX C functions are all defined
with offsets to the East (which is also the way that UTC and GPST do
it). So since we're trying to replicate POSIX functionality here,
shouldn't we conclude that the manual is in error since it contradicts
POSIX?

--

address@hidden
Plead the First.