Re: gensym

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: gensym
Date: 12 Sep 2000 08:12:53 +0200

"Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> gensym is supposed to be called with a symbol, not a string.  It still
> fails.

I apologize for all of these incomplete fixes.  I think I've been
trying to do too many things simultaneously lately.

What I should have done already from the start is to check with the
Common LISP API which has inspired Guile's gensym and gentemp
functions.

The first arg to these two functions should actually be a string.

I hope I've finally fixed this everywhere.

Please tell me if not.

Thanks,
/mdj