Re: programmed gc mark and free sweeps...

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: programmed gc mark and free sweeps...
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:10:52 +0200

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 04:49:08PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
:
: > On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 04:22:33PM +0300, Michael Livshin wrote:
: > : "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
: > : > BTW, does scm_gc_mark() have a binding in Scheme?
: > :
: > : $deity forbid.  why should it?
: >
: > Debugging?  :-}  I know it's of no use for normal operation.
:
: what kind of debugging do you have in mind?  it could probably be
: achieved through more regular means.

I was just thinking of checking that scm_gc_mark on some widget smobs recursed
correctly through smobs attached to widgets and subwidgets.  I figured if I do a
"global (gc)", the debug output might become too large if the system is large
(which is not the case yet), while isolating and invoking mark on only one smob
would give me only the info I need.

  Lars J