Dumping guile's state and registering variables.

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Dumping guile's state and registering variables.
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:42:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I have 2 things I want to do with guile but am unsure how.  I am using
guile in a C++ ``master world'' program and guile is used to allow
functions of the data (stored as guile variables) to be written and
applied at run time.  So what I want to do is:

1) Keep track of any user defined functions so I can dump them out as
scheme code to allow them to be reloaded at a later execution.

2) The data comes to me in the C++ world as a large integer array and
some of it must be preprocessed before being assigned to guile
variables.  I would like to do this preprocessing in scheme by writing
some kind of table or registry with entries of guile variable name,
index in array, description of variable, pre processing function and
maybe others.

Does anyone have examples or ideas I could look at for doing these two
things?

Thanks,
-Brett.