Re: (net http) 0.1

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: (net http) 0.1
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:47:17 +0200

[taken to guile-user]

> From: Evan Prodromou <address@hidden>
> Date: 26 Mar 2001 01:26:36 -0800
>
> This is a module for doing client-side HTTP work. It's pretty
> functional, with a high-level set of functions for easy stuff and a
> low-level set of GOOPS objects for harder stuff.
>
> Located here:
>
>         http://evan.prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us/net-http-0.1.tar.gz
>
> Your comments appreciated.

Have you already looked at the guile-www CVS module?  It provides
similar functionality, but it is old and I don't know if it is still
maintained.  It does not use GOOPS, but maybe you can get some
interesting information from it.

But now for the comments:

1. To make it work with CVS guile, you should add the following to the
   beginning of http.scm.

   ;; Compatibility kludge.
   (or (defined? 'read-line)
       (use-modules (ice-9 rdelim)))

2. The documentation for the objects int README is a bit confusing:

   The description for the `content' slot is the same for request and
   response objects, and it was not clear to me how they are used.

Thanks for posting interesting code (maybe I should learn GOOPS, too)!

Regards,
  'martin