Re: uniform-vector?

From: Masao Uebayashi
Subject: Re: uniform-vector?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:49:06 +0900

> Guile's implementation of uniform vectors needs some improvement, yes.
> Would you like to work on it?  If so, I can provide you with some thoughts
> about how things could be done quite nicely.  Otherwise, well, I may find
> some time to work on the stuff, but that won't be in the near future.

Now I'm peeking libguile/ChangeLog-scm and have noticed that Uniform
Array came from SCM.  It looks like that the first implementaion has
been done easily and the design has not been so considered.

It would be (realy) nice if I can help this improve, but no idea if I
can't do it. Okay, I'm trying to read unif.c and learn things around
it. And please give me the thoughts if you don't mind your thoughs may
be in vain. ;-)

(BTW, how do you people deal with large files and do binary I/O? Only
 with 'read-char'and 'read-line'???)

Masao

---