Re: module related problem

From: Thomas Wawrzinek
Subject: Re: module related problem
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:05:10 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

 > The code
 >
 >   (use-modules (alto pays))
 >   (pays-gui/gui (db-objects *db-pays/db-object*))
 >
 > does work in a script, but not at the REPL?  That would be really
 > weird, because you have to import every module explicitly from which
 > you want to use definitions.  So it shouldn't be possible to use
 > `db-objects' unless its exported by (alto pays).

I suspect the script has both modules included:

(use-modules (alto db-pays))
(use-modules (alto pays))

To achieve the same in the REPL, put these lines into the .guile init
script. For this to take effect, you may need to preceed this by a
`(define-module (guile-user))' [I'm still confused by this].

Or, as Martin suggests, export db-objects from (alto pays) again ...

Regards,

                        Thomas