How to select a module in C (guile 1.3.4)

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: How to select a module in C (guile 1.3.4)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:03:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I need to know how to switch the current module in C,
perferrably to the one in interactive mode which is:
guile> the-module
#<directory guile-user 401d6a10>

Within C code I'm in the root module which happens to
have f.i. call-with-current-continuation unbound and
so is pretty useless for complex tasks (calling
gh_eval_string/gh_eval_file). Also for presenting an
interactive prompt (inside GUI) this is also not the
"right" module.

So whats the preferred way to do this? I'd like to
stiff my program bindings into an own module and
have all code executed by gh_eval_* use this module
but operating in a private one. I see (maybe) how
to do this with recent guile - but how can I do
this with guile 1.3.4 (I tried to use scm_select_module()
and scm_resolve_module() but for the latter I cant
figure out the arg types...)

Thanx, Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>