Re: system default shell

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: system default shell
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:44:21 +0200

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> (system "bash -c 'beep'") would be an example of how to force use of
> bash, but if you really want to get the user's shell you will have to
> use getpwent and the like.

well, thanks, i thought your suggestion would work, but it does not. i
use bash as my shell, and it 'produces' the beep sound when entering
the 'beep' command in a xterm running bash but:

        guile> (system "bash -c 'beep'")
        bash: beep: command not found
        32512
        guile>

is there an xwindow beep command? (i looked everywhere i could, but could
not find anything: 'beep' is part of the ncurses lib but i don't know how
to get access to it from guile, so thought about xwindow (xbell ?) but
could not find any such command

thanks
david