Re: Questions about floating numbers, rethink and bug report

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Questions about floating numbers, rethink and bug report
Date: 14 Oct 2001 23:15:26 +0100

    Dirk> Virtualizing, BTW, is an implementation technique - in some
    Dirk> sense.  The term comes (at least that's what I assume) from
    Dirk> the concept of virtual functions in C++.  [...]

I've not thought deeply about the vector-specific case, but my
immediate reactions to your suggestion about virtualizing vectors are
that

- yes, virtualization is a good idea in general

- we already have a general virtualization mechanism -- GOOPS -- and
  so should use that rather than inventing an additional mechanism.

Regards,
        Neil