dynamic-link and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

From: Anthony W. Juckel
Subject: dynamic-link and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:09:36 -0600

Here's the problem. When I try to use (dynamic-link "libname.so") it appears that dynamic-link tries the first path available, but if that doesn't work, it gives up and returns an error. Is there any way to get dynamic-link to search all library paths available until it either finds a working library, or exhausts its choices?

I've tried substituting the absolute path to the library, and that seems to work fine, but no luck on getting it to find the library itself. Has anyone else run into this problem? Am I misunderstanding the usage of dynamic-link?

Anthony W. Juckel