Re: find

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: find
Date: 08 Feb 2002 11:30:11 +0900

    Thi> folks, digging around, i see there are many implementations of
    Thi> "find" in guile scheme, written by various people: Marco
    Thi> Maggesi, Alex Shinn, David Lutterkort, and so on back through
    Thi> the ages.

Found Marco's site, but couldn't find his find.  Couldn't find my site
either - I wonder what happened to it?  I did find David's find, and
found it more complete than my find anyway:

  http://www.watzmann.net/software/find.scm

If in reference to Tom Lord's challenge on c.l.s, I think a non-compiled
Scheme would be hard-pressed to compete.  A simple find --print
emulation with your ftw module proved vastly slower than GNU find.  But
a unified interface would be nice, and we can certainly outdo the
feature set of GNU find.

--
Alex