How to increase the stack size?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: How to increase the stack size?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:08:30 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I just rewrote a TeXmacs->LaTeX converter in Guile/Scheme.
Everything worked fine until I wanted to convert a paragraph
of 1000 characters, which yielded a "Stack overflow".
This seems to mean that the default stack size is
ridiculously small (unless I programmed thinks really badly,
but I just used straightforward recursion on character lists
in order to implement my routines on strings).
What is the default stack size?
Someone knows how to automatically increase it
(I use guile as a glue language for TeXmacs)?

Thanks, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage