Re: The Guile license and the use of LGPL libs (like GMP).

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: The Guile license and the use of LGPL libs (like GMP).
Date: 03 Jun 2002 09:33:10 -0400

For the record, I have used guile in non-free code, and others at BBN
are on the verge of doing so as well.  This is generally stuff done
for a customer.  While this isn't free software (some of it might
later be, but that's very different from committing up front), it has
resulted in bug fixes being sent back to guile.  It has helped in a
very small way the advancement of the notion that it is reasonable to
use guile - which really is an uphill battle outside of the pro-guile
crowd.  So I'd really hate to see the exception abandoned - it would
essentially mean the end of guile use in my workplace, or at least a
great diminishment.

        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>