Re: SCM to C string

From: Viktor Pavlenko
Subject: Re: SCM to C string
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:17:02 -0400

    CC> On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 04:39:21PM -0400, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

    >>> For instance I'd like convert SCM object which contains '("a"
    >>> 1) into C string "(\"a\" 1)".

    CC> [...]
    CC> SCM s_str = scm_object_to_string(object, SCM_UNDEFINED);

    VP> Ah, this is what I missed! Thanks!

I hurried with the reply... It _is_ described in the `Guile Reference
Manual' by Mark Galassi but it's not in libguile/*.h headers. It's not
in a snapshot version either. Neither I can find others like
scm_c_symbol2str or scm_symbol2str (I'm trying to use scm_ functions
you see).

Please advise how to deal with this mess^h^h^h^hpuzzle.

tia
Viktor