Re: problem becouse scm_tc7_contin is not defined

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: problem becouse scm_tc7_contin is not defined
Date: 10 Sep 2002 21:04:56 +0200

P Pareit <address@hidden> writes:

> Tried and failed, it does compile but I get a segment fault at
> startup and scm_internal_cwdr_no_unwind shows up in the
> backtrace. So I think this is the problem.

Hmm.  I tried my version of scm_internal_cwdr_no_unwind with guile-gtk
and it did work without problems.  Are you sure that you don't run
into this:

> > This will _only_ work when HANDLER does not do a non-local exit (via
> > longjmp, or similar).  If you want to support that (which I
> > recommend), you need to defer running HANDLER (with the same trick
> > that scm_internal_cwdr uses) until scm_dynwinds has been restored.

Could you try this version: (yeah, I could download Scwm and do this
myself, but... ;)

SCM
scm_internal_cwdr_no_unwind (scm_catch_body_t body, void *body_data,
                             scm_catch_handler_t handler, void *handler_data,
                             SCM_STACKITEM *stack_start)
{
  return scm_internal_cwdr (body, body_data, handler, handler_data,
                            stack_start);
}

That version is not very interesting but it will ket us see whether
the bug is with scm_internal_cwdr_no_unwind or with some other part of
Scwm or Guile.

> > Could you bring this up with the scwm developers so that we might find
> > a solution that makes everyone happy?
>
> Yes, will do. I'm afraid that for the moment guile-1.4.* will still be used
> and development is not very active for the moment. I hope that with the way
> guile is going at the moment, scwm will soon follow.

I've contacted the Scwm developers as well, but I would be happy if
you could continue to handle this.