Re: [guile/scwm] What is happening to scwm?

From: rm
Subject: Re: [guile/scwm] What is happening to scwm?
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:45:33 +0200

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 01:56:00PM +0200, P Pareit wrote:
> Steve Tell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > _Are_ there any scwm developers any more?
>
> AFAIK Greg Badros is still following the work that Scott Lenser (the
:> maintainer of scwm) does. Scott has made changes to scwm so that it works
> with guile-1.4.*. He also continues to develop scwm, by adding modules,
> fixing documentation and tracking down bugs.
>
> The official page for scwm is http://sourceforge.net/projects/scwm/ , there
> you can find a link to the cvs where you can download scwm, scwm-icons and
> scwm-web. The cvs version works flowless with guile-1.4, the tarball only
> works with guile-1.3.4, there is work in progress to get scwm work with
> guile-1.6.

I'm glad to hear that, last time i looked at scwm it didn't compile
(due to the problems you reported) and the website at MIT was unreachable.
BTW, afaik scwm requires 'GTL' and from their website i read that the licence
changed dramatically--nothing one could integrate into free software. Is
this a known problem?

 Ralf Mattes