Re: loading a module via an absolute path

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: loading a module via an absolute path
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:42:52 -0400

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> wrote:
>   (make-module 1021 (list (resolve-interface '(guile))))

This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.  And it seems
to me that such a module includes the 'app binding, so invocations of
use-modules from the main module and the new module will not duplicate
each others' work, right?  Good.

One last (heh) question, then: after I've loaded the file into a new
module like this, is there a way to mark the module as "read-only" so
that the importing code can't change bindings inside this module?  One
of my goals is to protect modules from each other.  It looks like it's
easy enough to avoid messing with someone else's bindings by accident,
but I'd like to make it impossible to do it even deliberately, if I
can.

paul