Re: gtk-canvas bindings for guile, second attempt (errata)

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: gtk-canvas bindings for guile, second attempt (errata)
Date: 21 Oct 2002 15:17:00 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Thank's for the offer, but i think GtkCanvas serves a different purpose.
> It's a "high level" widget (kind of 4G language like) that can contain
> item objects whcih can be attached to groups. Since groups are canvas items
> themself, grouped items can be manipulated as a unit. This comes pretty handy
> in applications like interactive graphic editors/plotters etc.
> Anyway, where can i find the code for your GdkPixbuf (does it contain bindings
> for GdkImlibImage ?) ?

  GdkPixbuf is an image handling library, a replacement for GdkImlib library.

  I understand the concept of a canvas. I thought it would be better to use
GdkPixbuf rather then GdkImlibImage as a base for image canvas items.

  Because bindings for two competing image handling libraries did not make sense
for me, I chose GdkPixbuf and finished bindings found in guile-gnome (GdkPixbuf
itself does not depend on Gnome neither guile-gnome).

0.