Re: guile-pg

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-pg
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:40:36 -0500

Hi Christopher,

thank you for your quick answer. removing the 'include c.h' did not work
so I decided to go for your patch

> If that doesn't work, you could try my patch, which I've been using for
> a long time with no problems. (Although I've never used large objects
> at all, so that part may be broken.)

the patch applies fine and subsequent configuration also, but when I type make,
I have the following message

;; -- ./configure --with-libpq=/usr/local/pgsql

address@hidden:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-pg-0.07 74 $ make
cd . && automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile
configure.in:24: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
configure.in:24: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
configure.in:24: with aclocal and run automake again.
Makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

;; -- then, not knowing anything about these programs, I tried the following

address@hidden:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-pg-0.07 75 $ aclocal
address@hidden:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-pg-0.07 76 $ automake
Makefile.am: required file `./compile' not found
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

;; -- my automake is the following

address@hidden:/usr/alto/staff/david 2 $ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

==> So, does anybody know what commands and their sequence
    (like before ./configure I suppose)
    to bring the auto and conf files uptodate?

So many thanks
David