Re: SimpleSQL problems

From: tomas
Subject: Re: SimpleSQL problems
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:53:16 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 02:34:00PM -0500, Bo Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed Guile and SimpleSQL on an OpenBSD
> system.  The installation didn't require too much
> tweaking but when I try to load the module, this message
> appears:
>
> Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the debugger.
> guile> (use-modules (database simplesql))
> /usr/local/share/guile/database/simplesql.scm:21:1: In procedure dynamic-func
> \
>    in expression (load-extension "libguile-database-simplesql"
> "simplesql_extension_init"):
> /usr/local/share/guile/database/simplesql.scm:21:1: symbol not found
> ABORT: (misc-error)
>
> I'm new to Guile and would appreciate any input as to
> where the problem is.

Hmmm. I'm no OpenBSD expert, but I see two possibilities: either you have
a version inconsistency between your simplesql.scm and
libguile-database-simplesql.so,
or Guile doesn't find the shared library

You might want to try ktrace/kdump to see whether (and if yes, which)
the library gets found and loaded.

Good luck
-- tomas