Re: PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:07:23 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

> Bruce Korb <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Explicit, unambiguous directions on exactly how to get the Guile library
> > to print out the same error messages it does when running as part
> > of the "guile" independent program.
>
> You'll need this:     (read-enable 'positions)
> And maybe this:       (debug-enable 'show-file-name)
> Then you can do this: (source-property obj 'line)
> (You can also use 'column and 'filename.)

That's helpful.  'course the file name is known by my code and not Guile.
And it will vary from one gh_eval_str call to another.
And the line number must be incremented by the line number I have.
Do I invoke these at the start of my run?  What does the catch
code look like?  Or, should I still be relying on the native
catch/fail-exit code?  If that, then I have to correct its impression
about the file and line numbers.

Thank you! - Bruce