Re: scm_c_define_gsubr() and modules in Guile 1.6

From: stefan
Subject: Re: scm_c_define_gsubr() and modules in Guile 1.6
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:09:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Rob Browning wrote:

> stefan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > A short question about symbols created by scm_c_define_gsubr() or
> > scm_c_define(): Why can't these symbols not be used within modules
> > like this:
>
> I'm not sure I follow your question.  Could you rephrase?

Sorry for my bad english, please... next try:

I do have a .c file containing e.g.

        scm_c_define("my_symbol", ...)

then I can use 'my_symbol' in normal .scm files.  So far, so good.

But when do create a .scm file which contains this:

        (define-module (test-suite))
                (my-symbol ...)
        (export test-suite)

And then I have a nother .scm file which contains:

        (use-modules (test-suite))
        (test-suite)

(This imports the above module file, which wants to evaluate the symbol
'my_symbol')

This does not work in Guile 1.6 and above, it worked in Guile 1.4 version.
Why is the symbol 'my_symbol' not visible in the module?  How can I
achieve it without recoding the .c file?

Thanks in advacne,
        address@hidden