Re: PATCH: assume -s

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: PATCH: assume -s
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:24:52 -0400

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 31 Aug 2003 20:23:13 +0200

   Unless I'm missing something, Thien-Thi is talking about his own line
   of Guile development here, not about the 'official' one.

   Thien-Thi, please try not to give the impression that your version of
   Guile is the one that is currently released by the FSF as versions
   1.6.x.

fsf already has my papers for guile, so if i accept patches for whatever
version i'm working on (the fruits of which are assigned to fsf anyway),
the same considerations apply.  the only difference between my work and
those w/ write privs is exactly that: write privs (or lack thereof ;-).

if i were to be less scrupulous that would make it difficult to
entertain the hope that write privs will be restored someday, at which
time the value of clean record keeping would be realized.  perhaps this
hope is slimly supported in your lifetime; that's fine, too.

as for what impression people may take from my words and actions, that's
their business and for the most part out of my control.

thi