Re: First look at Guile Std Library available

From: Arno Peters
Subject: Re: First look at Guile Std Library available
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:34:04 +0100

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:21:28PM -0600, Richard Todd wrote:

> There are plenty of things to fill in, and help would be
> appreciated.  If you have a few hours one weekend, pull out your
> 'numerical recipes' book and make a scheme version of some
> algorithms.  Every time someone does this and contributes it to the
> library, the entire guile community gets more efficient.

Please check out my guile-numerics project on Savannah
(http://www.nongnu.org/guile-num).  It wraps most of the GNU
Scientific Library, FFTW and libsndfile through SWIG.  It also
includes some higher level functions to provide a simpler interface to
the math routines.  For numerical work, GSL and FFTW have a proven
track record and it would be foolish to duplicate much of that work.

What is still lacking, though, is a uniform interface for hiding the
low-level GSL interactions and presenting the user/programmer with a
consistent scheme interface.  Help with this is always welcome.

Regards,
--
Arno Peters