Re: pcre

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: pcre
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 02:32:24 -0500

address@hidden (Hyperdivision) writes:

> is there any glue out there to stick together guile and pcre?

I wrote a simple (pcre) module a while back, but when I got around to
considering a public release, I realized that I might need to talk to
Philip Hazel since I wasn't sure offhand whether or not the libpcre
license was compatible with the Guile license.

I did talk to him and he was quite interested in trying to help if
there were in fact any problems, and I seem to recall that perhaps he
was already planning some changes, but offhand, I don't recall where
things ended up.  So if anyone knowledgable about licenses has time to
investigate the current libpcre license with respect to the guile 1.6
license or the LGPL (the 1.8 license), then that would be great.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu