(slightly OT) Dynamic link w/o *.h [was: Guile questions]

From: tomas
Subject: (slightly OT) Dynamic link w/o *.h [was: Guile questions]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:01:18 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 02:49:06PM -0400, Jim Norris wrote:
> Hi, I was working on a tool to let someone dynamically link to dlls in
> Windows at runtime when I saw Guile. I couldn't tell if Guile had the
> features I'm looking for. If it doesn't maybe I could help add them or
> find some other way to help out?
>
> Could you guys answer some questions for me please?
>
> Does Guile let you dynamically link to dlls / object library files at run
> time without the need for header (*.h) files, *.def files, or *.lib files?
> (or the Unix equivalent)

How do you want to accomplish this? Has a Windows DLL enough info
about how to call a function (i.e. which parameters to expect,
maybe the layout of structs and so on)?

The question might sound ironic. No, I'm genuinley curious. I'm
pondering for a while about `glueless bindings' myself (along the
lines: if gdb can do that... -- but gdb uses the source plus
debugging info: I'd be happy to get that, and you seem to be even
more ambitious).

Regards
-- tomás