Re: g-wrap - apt-get installs 2 different versions ?

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: g-wrap - apt-get installs 2 different versions ?
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:48:30 +0100

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

>   g-wrap conflicts with libgwrapguile-dev, but not libgwrapguile1 (so it
>   can be parallel-install with e.g. GnuCash, which requires
>   libgwrapguile1).
>
> I have seen claims that GnuCash works with g-wrap 1.9.3 - what's up
> here?  (I can certainly understand that the Debian package requires
> g-wrap1 still, especially with the new g-wrap not being in the system...)
>
> On NetBSD with pkgsrc, gnucash uses guile 1.6.x and g-wrap 1.
> Changing the Makefile to use g-wrap 1.9.3 instead results in the build
> succeeding and startup failing with:
>
> ERROR: no code for module (g-wrap gw-wct)

Yeah, that's a known bug in G-Wrap 1.9.3, which I didn't catch because
I had the old G-Wrap later in the %load-path.

> This is with gnucash 1.8.10.
>
> This looks tantalizing close to working.

Just drop some (possibly empty) module (g-wrap gw-wct) somewhere on
the %load-path, then it should work.

> Is anyone able to build a working gnucash with g-wrap 1.9.3?
> Does the new g-wrap need to provide  that module, or is it a bug in
> gnucahs to require it

1.9.4 will come with that module, although there's a problem with
guile-gnome to be solved before I can release that.

Cheers, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Make free software, not war!