[solved] Re: Weak references and GC

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: [solved] Re: Weak references and GC
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:00:44 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm having trouble with lists (actually source code expressions) that
> are weakly stored in several places and never being GC'd.  [...]

For anyone interested... the thing preventing GC was a closure created
in an environment that included the source code expression as a local
variable.  Even though the closure's code did not reference the
variable, the closure's environment still includes that variable and
its value, and so protects the value from GC.

          Neil