[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PHP to GUILE
Re: PHP to GUILE
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:39:14 +1000
Gnus/5.110004 (No Gnus v0.4) Emacs/21.4 (gnu/linux)
Vorfeed Canal <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm not talking about GUILE libraries. I'm talking about EXTENSIONS
> libraries. While GUILE libraries for different versions of GUILE can
> happily live in /usr/lib (they have different API versions) this is
> NOT true for the extensions: their SO-number is related to API of the
> EXTENSION, not GUILE but this library is linked to GUILE library as
Simultaneously supporting multiple binary incompatible versions of
anything is painful. I would say the best idea is "don't do that".
Subdirs of /usr/lib or versioned .so filenames can keep things apart
if you really want. And that can be easily handled in the .scm when
loading. The absense of a global convention is not the calamity you
> project with over 8 years history STILL has such minor basic issues
> unresolved ? Are there are developers who can support GUILE or is it
> semi-abandoned project like HURD ?
Insults and rants are an excellent way to get someone to help you.
Actually describing what you're trying to do would be useless.
Re: PHP to GUILE, Neil Jerram, 2005/09/26
- Re: Exceptions, (continued)
- Re: Exceptions, Vorfeed Canal, 2005/09/27
- Managing Guile and extensions versions, Ludovic Courtès, 2005/09/28
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Vorfeed Canal, 2005/09/28
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Ludovic Courtès, 2005/09/29
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Vorfeed Canal, 2005/09/29
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Neil Jerram, 2005/09/30
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Kevin Ryde, 2005/09/29
- Re: Managing Guile and extensions versions, Ludovic Courtès, 2005/09/30