Re: PHP to GUILE

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: PHP to GUILE
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:44:12 -0400

   From: Vorfeed Canal <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:47:26 +0400

   Ok, I still think this message-catalogs idea is needlessly complex,
   but we can agree to disagree on that issue.

ok.  i agree to disagree.

   I think that your solution is too complex for today's needs and not
   complex enough to tomorrows.

ok.  no worries, i will continue to use it and improve it (since it
works, after all).  maybe if/when you look at it in the future your
assessment will be different.

   But I'd be happy to have it in official GUILE as well.
   I want *any* working solution there.

i do not disagree.

   *Any* other WORKING solution is better then non-working one.

here it is your turn to understate.  you mean to say "any official (w/
pthreads and goops support)" instead of simply "any", since guile 1.4.x
fulfills the latter but you reject it.  it's important to figure out how
much relative importance you give to these attributes.  for my practice,
i find "official" carries little benefit (and a lot of hea{d,rt}-ache).
YMMV.

anyway, to bow out of this thread, i invite you (or anyone interested)
to hack guile 1.4.x to add pthreads and goops support.

thi