Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:59:16 +1100

Hugh Sasse <address@hidden> writes:

>> cc1: warnings being treated as errors

That's designed to force all users to be developers :-(.

>> numbers.c: In function 'xisinf':
>> numbers.c:147: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isinf'

You might be able to just stick in a prototype, or alternately just
"./configure --disable-error-on-warning".

> I can't get it to pickup the definition from the Sun Workshop includes.

Dunno if gcc is meant to do that, probably not.

> The sun man page for isinf claims that it is available in sunmath.h
> which we don't have in /usr/include.

We could include that (when available) if you think it'd do any good.
Otherwise if you think there's a function but no prototype we could
put a prototype in (when not otherwise provided).

Perhaps there's a c99 mode for the headers that would give isinf and
isnan, but I'd expect that to be more painful than workarounds for the
default mode.

> autoconf configure.in > configure
> with
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60

We're probably on 2.61 by now, though that shouldn't make a
difference.  You might check you can regenerate without any changes
before attempting some.  You probably need gnu m4, though I'd expect
autoconf to complain if it's only got the system one.

PS. bug-guile is list to use for bugs (ie. something not working).